Six years ago, in October 2014, I got my first horse as an adult. For some reason, I decided that a green 6-year-old mare barely jumping crossrails was the perfect match for me. After all, I was barely jumping crossrails at that point also. 🙈
The day she arrived at my barn:
We became best friends pretty fast. After all, we have a lot in common:
(1) we love being outdoors and jumping over sticks
(2) we’re generally willing to follow the rules but don’t like being told what to do
(3) we enjoy snacks and take mealtimes seriously
(4) we love naps and sunbathing in our downtime
(5) we’re both approximately 98% friendly and kind and 2% mare attitude
If you’re interested in reading more about my journey to find her, you can read my blog about it on The Chronicle of the Horse, here. I also wrote about being a green horse and green rider combination, and that one is here.
Since I started photographing horses, she’s been happy to help out, like any good friend would.
I use this picture everywhere because I love it so much.
She’s a major reason I decided to pursue equine photography. I simply can’t get enough photos of her, and I know I’m not the only horse lover who feels that way.
I have a zillion pictures of her and I find myself looking at them on my phone or on my walls at home literally all the time.
Drop me a note to tell me about your heart horse and what you love most about him or her, and if you’re interested in a black background session check them out here!